A Message to our Guests
Grand Casino has taken proactive and voluntary steps to help our Guests and Associates to have a clean, safe, friendly and fun experience at our properties. Here are the things we’ve put in place:
Taking Care of Business
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), disinfecting surfaces is one way to help minimize the spread of illness. We worked with our trusted vendor – EcoLab – to identify the best products to disinfect surfaces, including products specifically rated to combat communicable diseases. Here are some of ways Grand Casino is working to ensure a cleanly experience for our Guests:
1. Addressing Visible Symptoms — If a Guest or Associate appears to exhibit symptoms while on property or at work, our EMT staff will approach the individual, conduct a thermo scan, and if they have a temperature of 100 degrees F or 37.8 degrees C or above, they will be directed off property and to proper medical attention.
2. Slot Machines, Kiosks, and ATMs — We have increased on our regular cleaning routines at Grand Casino Mille Lacs and Grand Casino Hinckley. We are using CDC’s recommended ECOLAB product 6100693 to disinfect every slot machine bank, Kiosk, and ATM, including buttons, levers, and chairs. These are all disinfected at least two times during each eight-hour shift.
3. Table Games — All Associates exercise hand washing before their shift and utilize proper hand sanitizing measures. Cards are switched out every four hours on games players are able to touch cards and every day on Blackjack. Each table will be wiped down as often as possible including when a live game ceases or the game closes. Additionally, chips are cleaned and sanitized two times per week.
4. Hotel Rooms — The hotel rooms at our property are thoroughly cleaned after each stay. We also deeply disinfect anything a Guest would touch frequently, which includes, the telephone, TV remotes, light switches, door handles, tables, chairs, nightstands, and lamps.
5. Restaurants — Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in high traffic areas. Menus, booths, tables and chairs will be disinfected after each use. Proper food safety measures continue to be in place, and in the quick-serve restaurants, cleaning wipes are available to Guests for use. Should we make the determination to close any restaurant temporarily, we will post updates on our website.
6. Cashier and Grand Rewards Counters — We have also increased the cleaning schedules of these popular areas, making supplies available for our Associates for more frequent cleaning in downtime. There is also hand sanitizer available for Guest use at these areas.
7. Increased Number of Hand Sanitizing Stations — We have placed a number of portable alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations in high traffic areas including, entrances, Cashier and Grand Rewards counters, by restaurants, in the Table Games areas, by the hotel front desk, in the lobby areas, and at the entrance of the elevators for Guest and Associate use.
8. Handwashing — The CDC suggests that proper hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of illness, so these dispensers will be checked frequently and filled when needed.
9. Other Touchpoints — all other frequent Guest touchpoints – door handles, keyboards, tables and chairs are all being disinfected and sanitized on a regular basis.
Taking Care of Our Associates
The safety of our Associates is of utmost importance to us as well. We have deployed various measures and provided additional resources, so they are well-equipped to support our Guests:
1. Sick Leave — We understand that the cold/flu season brings unplanned absences in the workplace. In the event of illness, we want our Associates to stay home, get the care they need, and return to work happy and healthy. That is why we extended our Paid Time Off (PTO) to Associates who are sick to include coverage of PTO for up to 14 days, which is the recommended quarantine period per health organizations. They can take the time they need to get better without worry.
2. Supplies — We have provided individual hand sanitizers for all Associates, as well as protective equipment such as gloves for Associates who are responsible for cleaning surfaces.
3. Information — We have established a COVID-19 cross functional team that includes key leaders who are reviewing updates from the CDC, WHO and the MN Department of Health to ensure our Associates are updated with information.
What You Can Do
While we know that you are following guidance from the CDC and the WHO, here are some other ways you can stay healthy during this time:
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If you are sick, stay home except to get medical care.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.